Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Location Site Visits in Seattle, WA

I spent almost the entire day yesterday in Seattle. It was a gorgeous day, I couldn't have asked for better weather, and I had so much fun checking out new wedding venues!

Actually, my first stop of the day was not a venue, and it was not in Seattle, it was a floral shop in downtown Issaquah! I met Jon, one of the designers, at A Countryside Floral and Garden. Its a fantastic little floral shop and accessory store. The name doesn't do it justice at all! Inside, it is very modern and colorful, not country-like at all.


The store is bigger than most floral shops. They have lots of home decor items, and cute little purses too.


In the back corner of the store, they have this little nook, where brides can sit down and have a consultation with one of the designers.


They do amazing work! Their flowers are all high quality and they have limitless ideas for arrangements. All designers are AIFD certified, so you know you are getting quality when you book with them.

Thanks Jon for meeting with me! I had a wonderful time checking out your store!!!



Next I was off to the Seattle Yacht Club near the U District to look at their space for weddings.


Above is the front of the Yacht Club. Below is looking at the back side of the Club from the lawn.


Covered stairway down to the lawn (nice to have for the bride in case it's raining)

If you are having your ceremony out on the lawn, this is a great space because the lawn is pretty big, right next to the water, and they have a very nice tent to go with it (usually the supports are covered in nice white drapes).


My next appointment wasn't for another hour and a half, and I didn't want to drive all the way back across the bridge to Bellevue just to drive back into Seattle again, so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and Mike and I met up for lunch at Joey's on Lake Union. We ate outside on the water and it was so nice! I'm so happy he is finally over here now that he graduated from WSU.


So after lunch I had a site tour at Pravda Studios on Capital Hill. And what did I think of it?? I LOVE the space! Its one, big, 5000 sq ft open room with huge windows as the walls.

Above is about half of the room, empty. You can see how it can really transform to anything you want it to be. Tables, chairs, decor, drapes, and lighting can all be set-up however you want.
Below are a few pictures from events they have hosted. The space picks up any color you put in it. The white really makes the colors pop.



It was definitely a great day in Seattle for me! I love going on venue tours and meeting the event staff at each. Its helpful to put a face to a name, and it helps me build a relationship with the venue, which is my goal for going to them!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline. I really liked the venues that you visited in Seattle. All of them can transform into the theme that the couple want for their wedding. Similarly, the event center in Denver Colorado is a very interesting venue. I've been there last month for my brother's wedding. There are indoor and outdoor options that can be utilized for the advantage of the couple. Event centers in Denver Colorado have been an ideal option for Glendale residents and neighboring towns. Just a suggestion for your clients near that area.

    Very interesting blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The content of the post is very well, from here I know much about sports knowledge. It can provide a lot of the latest sports news. I love this post. By the way I know some about websites which content is also very well..
    Banquet Halls in San Fernando Valley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have displayed wonderful images of Wedding venues Seattle. The ambience, facilities and services I would love to know about these through the images. Your post is really beneficial to me. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete