Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Week of Event Planning in Bellevue, WA

Hello Everyone! I am so sorry that I haven't posted anything in an entire week! I have been crazy busy here and just haven't had a chance! Part of the problem is that my laptop, which I use at home, is currently out of operation until mid-May. The other part is that I have been on an event all week! So, I thought I would share with you what I have been up to this week.

We all know that the economy is bad right now (hopefully not for too much longer!) and the national and international corporate events that normally have a large budget, have been cut across the board. So certain events that have, in the past, flown people in from all over the world, no longer have the ability to do so. We still need people from other countries to hear and know the information being exchanged, but we can no longer bring them over and have in-person meetings. Well, how do we solve the issue?

We have virtual events!!! Yes, that's right, we do web casting and live meetings with the people in other countries that do not have the ability to be there in person.

And that is what I have been doing all week. We had a three-day virtual meeting with countries from all over the world. It was definitely an opportunity for me to learn something new, and try out new technology. There were some bumps along the way, but for the most part it turned out great!

So, where do I go from here? I think I am going to start researching what it takes to run live meetings myself and try my hand at it. Instead of paying some other company to run them for me and my client, I am going to learn how to do it myself! Good idea, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment