Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wedding Budget 101: The Top Saving Tip for Your Wedding

Tip #10: Hire A Wedding Planner

I'm not just saying this because I am a Wedding Planner, I am saying this because it is the truth. The best way to save money on your wedding is to hire a planner.

Yes, you will save money if you hire a wedding planner! Planners have long-standing relationships with many different wedding vendors, which allows the couple to get major discounts from the vendors if they are working with that planner.

I have relationships with many different ceremony and reception venues, photographers, florists, jewelry makers, wedding cake shops, décor companies, videographers etc. Because of these relationships, I can negotiate prices down, and receive discounts or value-adds from these vendors for you. If a couple plans the wedding themselves, they will not receive these kinds of discounts that I can offer them.

Recently, I just saved a couple my entire planning fee on just the room rental alone! Not to mention all the other discounts I have gotten them (a free dance floor and sound system, discounts on flowers, décor, table linens, and food & beverage). This was because of my relationship with the venue, florist and décor company. They give couples a certain discount for working with me.

Therefore, when you see the price for hiring a wedding planner, don’t think of it as an extra expense. You will be saving that amount in all the discounts you get. PLUS, you will have security knowing that everything is being taken care of, and you won’t be so stressed out during the planning process. You and your family will actually get to enjoy your day, which is the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment