Friday, April 3, 2009

Wedding Budget 101

#2: Reduce Your Guest List

When it comes down to it, this is one of the reasons why most weddings are so expensive. You need to find a venue that can hold a large number of guests, and then you have to wine and dine them all. Its adds up so fast you will be shocked! Especially with today's F&B minimums that you must hit.

Lets say you have an Saturday wedding and reception. You have invited 200 guests and the venue is charging you an $80 food and beverage minimum per guest. Well if you do the math, it adds up to $16,000 without tax and gratuity!!! That doesn't even include the cost for the room rental, your dress, the photographer, and flowers!

Now you see how fast the costs can add up if you have a big guest list. My suggestion to you is to cut the guest list and have a smaller wedding with only your closest family and friends. Again, this is only a suggestion and only one of the options you have to save money on your big day.

Stay tuned for more tips to follow!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your input on my blog, much appreciated!!! I just added you to my blogroll for Seattle Wedding Resources. Maybe this will up the odds of us working together sometime SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I LOVE everything you do! I hope to use you at my own wedding when the day comes. I love your collages!

    ReplyDelete